Sunday, January 29, 2006

More knitting interference

SD turned 38 on Friday, so we've been celebrating all weekend. We had a family dinner with his mom, Mr. Mike, plus brother and family at Crab Louie's. It was a lot of fun. I think the kids sat through their longest meal yet at a non-kid friendly restaurant. Then last night he and his brother went to DC to see Bob Pollard of Guided by Voices do a solo show at the 9:30 Club. I guess when you are 38 it feels good to see an old geezer rocking out. Now he is back, and we are planning an Indian food take out feast for this evening if he can stay awake.

I've been too grouchy to knit due to the fact that all I can do is think about food. I'm hungry, darn it. I started Weight Watchers (again) this past week, but I haven't gotten into my groove yet. Fifteen extra pounds have crept up on my this year, and I'm ready to fight back. Knitting should be a good distraction, right?

Liz -- Tomorrow, we're doing our old Girl's Night Out at the Commerical Tap House. We haven't been out since September. It's not the same without you! I'll have a beer for you.

2 comments:

Liz K. said...

Great job, SD, still rockin' out at such an advanced age. And Bob Pollard's practically on Medicare by now, right? Just kidding, love GBV, and Pollard himself.

My lovely Mo, best of luck fighting the war on food. Knitting is great therapy, and burns calories too. I;m convinced it not only keeps me from munching, it keeps the metabolism going.

Anonymous said...

you can see Bob Pollard knitting in my blog archives.