Wednesday, March 22, 2006

And now, it's snowing ...

This morning, we have snow on the ground. Not enough to delay school, but enough to cover the grass and make the cherry blossoms look like big pompoms. Beautiful! On Sunday, this was the scene at my friend's grandfather's old daffodil farm:

N is wearing her Fletcher sweater from Tadpoles & Tiddlers knit in Rowan All Season Cotton -- it's a bit over a year old now. It was a joy to knit ...

I'm on the sleeves of a sweater for N or R, I'm not clear if it will fit N, but I'm knitting the biggest size I can with the sale yarn. I hate sleeves. All that tedious increasing that seems to never, ever end. So I knit up this fun baby hat:

This is for my friend Jenny who we saw this weekend. She's having her 3rd baby and needs more baby stuff like she needs a hole in the head, but I love the leaf design and the purple color. It's hard to get a good picture of it ... I used some Wildfoote sock yarn that I had with size 3 needles. It was a nice break from the chunky cotton on size 10s.

I'll be ready for the KAL socks after this weekend friends! I've just got to finish the dratted sleeves ....

3 comments:

Liz K. said...

What a beautiful photo of N. I am planning a photo gallery of hand-knits being worn in every day life, sort of a "Tricot in Situ" photo album, and this would be great. I love the leaves on the baby hat! So sweet! BTW, I want to hear about your knits' at the auction. How'd it all go over?

Ann said...

It went great -- I can't remember what the hats sold for at auction, maybe $100? I get to see them on the kids at school and it just makes me so happy! (I did that!)

Anonymous said...

go Ann!
love, tina