Friday, September 08, 2006

Socks and Cece


Thanks to Ernesto, I whipped these socks up in just a couple days. The yarn is Painted Merino in Olives and Pimento from Holly Spring Homespun in Powhatan, Va. This yarn purchase was one of my summer of stash slip ups, but I'm glad it happened.

Next up, Cece from Bonne Marie Burns in Rowan Calmer.



This project started moving along nicely once I gave in and started using a gazillion place markers.

Both projects helped me survive the "my baby is going to kindergarten" freak out of the last week or so. Wow, she's happy, and I'm knitting. Sounds like a good deal.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

After a couple of froggings, had to add stitch markers to my CeCe as well to make it more TV/converstion friendly.

Ann said...

Great socks! I think I may have to go on a field trip to Holly Spring Homespun. That place looks great!

I like the Cece -- so pretty. And time to knit is always a good thing.

Liz K. said...

Love those cushy socks. I can't believe I never went to Holly Spring Homespun when I lived in Richmond. Urgh!

Mo said...

Ann -- let's do a field trip! I've never been there myself! I bought the yarn at Lettuce Knit.

Mo said...

Ann -- let's do a field trip! I've never been there myself! I bought the yarn at Lettuce Knit.