Friday, March 09, 2007

CPH Friday

FO Alert from Mo

The Midlothian entry in the XRK CPH KAL is D.O.N.E.


I love this sweater, and I’ve been wearing it non-stop since I finished it on Tuesday. It was a very easy and quick knit, and I’m happy with the end result. I agree with other bloggers who have said this would be a great first sweater. Or a great sweater that you’ll actually wear.

Here are some details:
Pattern: Central Park Hoodie from Fall 2006 Knit Scene
Yarn: Tahki Donegal Tweed in wine, green and red (color 874)
Gauge: 17 st over 4 inches Needles: 8s and 6s. My new Knit Picks Options needle set came in handy for the buttonhole band.
Knit Flix (or movies watched during the making of this sweater): 49 Up, Ali Zaura: Prince of the Streets, Eron: the Smartest Guys in the Room; Flags of Our Fathers; The Devil and Daniel Johnston; Water and Quinceanera (my fav and, yes, I watch too much TV)


Photos courtesy of my kids who really just wanted to get to school!

14 comments:

Liz K. said...

Yay! It looks awesome!

So, as the experience knitter in the group, I have two questions:

1. Are the arms tight? I have seen this complaint from other knitters?

2. How was picking up the buttong bands on the front edges? I kind of wish there were more than two stitches there...

Mo said...

As you might be able to tell, my version is a bit roomier in the body than other FOs. Having said that, my arms are just right.

I didn't have any problems picking up the stitiches, and I think the band turned out great. I didn't bother counting the total amount of stitches either. I just picked up three, skipped one.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

yo, mo, you go!

looks great on ya!

Anonymous said...

Very nice!!! Perfect color and fit. Good job.

Liz said...

Love it! The color and yarn you chose is great. I'm going to add this to my
'must-knit' list after seeing yours. Nice job!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! You should definitely be very happy with it! I love this sweater.

Sally said...

Looks fantastic Mo! I should learn how to cable, I have this pattern at home and it caught my eye too. Yay!

Anonymous said...

beautiful!

iSeL said...

Bravo! It looks gorgeous.

Annie said...

Looks fantastic! Now I want one.

Anonymous said...

Looks incredible!

Ann said...

I cannot wait to start work on my CPH again!! After seeing how GREAT your's turned out I must, must, must finish this tedious huge blanket-sized vest so that I can pick-up my more interesting projects again!

Hurray for Mo!

nicolina said...

fan-freaking-tastic! i'm harnessing my jealousy into... knitting! i'm gonna make one now!