Friday, April 06, 2007

CPH Friday: Sniffling in Sleeveland

Allergies have hit our house. Can you see the pollen film on the wheelbarrow?


That's how my house looks now because I can't stand to have my windows closed when it's nice out. It's cold today, so I'm trying to mop and dust. Yuck. But the good news is that my garden is coming alive!


As are the sleeves for the CPH.

I planned on knitting them according to the pattern and dealing with tight sleeves, but I really didn't like how narrow they were coming along, so after about 6 increases every 8 rows, I bumped it up to every 4 rows and added an extra increase. My theory is that the more frequent increases will hit right around my elbow so it won't look too funny and that just adding 2 more stitches won't be a big deal with the armhole shaping.

We'll see if this holds true! I may be visiting the frog pond later ...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Close the windows! Lock your doors! Over here at the Fox-Arias house we THOUGHT we were suffering from allergies at first but in reality, we have a horrible, long-lasting (five days!) flu-like virus!

Anonymous said...

Looking at all of that makes me sneeze! Love the color of your CPH.

Anonymous said...

your CPH is looking great!

liz wore hers to our SnK meeting on wed. she was a hit, and it looks wonderful in person.

keep on truckin, ann!

anne marie in philly

Liz K. said...

Um, yeah, well, it snowed here this week (just flurries, but still!) so no green pollen anywhere yet. Actually, I don't seem to have allergies anymore now in PA. I guess that's one good thing...

Mo said...

Nothing like snow flurries to get rid of pollen. Happy Spring!